Showing 455 results

Authority record
Untitled

Dennison was made Music Director of Clare in 1971.

Untitled

11 acres of land on the west of Queen's Road was alloted to the College under the Enclosure Act for St Giles Parish in 1806, but to be subject to a public bridleway (Burrell's walk).

Untitled

Land at Lolworth and Childerley was acquired in 1562 and sold in 1947

Untitled

Lands at Risby in Walesby were given to Clare College in 1622 in lieu of £2000 bequeathed by John Freeman of Great Billing by his executors, Edward Lord Gorges, Baron Dundalk and his wife Catherine, daughter and heiress of John Freeman. See notes on the F

Untitled

Advowson of the living purchased in 1729/30 from the Duke of Chandos and the first appointment by Clare was Dr Curling in 1735; parts of land sold, 1924- 1941) {455}

Untitled

This section has been created to reflect the number of properties held by the College in 2009 and includes various deed packets relating to properties which have been the subject of examination by the Land Registry between 2005-2007.

Untitled

Site of new College sports ground from 1931 after the one at Barton Road was sold in 1930; part of site was sold to University Press, 1961 (Formerly Bursary refs 113, 263 and 343).

Untitled

House bought for retired staff 2007

Untitled

Chawston in Roxton, Eaton Socon and Wyboston (Elizabeth Worliche), 1555 (sold, 1920)

Untitled

Given to the College in the will of Dr. Henry Hornsby in 1517. Hornby (BD 1489/ 90) was a Fellow of Clare College and afterwards of Michaelhouse, before becoming Master of Peterhouse in 1509; he was one of the circle of Lady Margaret, mother of Henry VII,