Includes list of benefactors, (1682) - 1769, with memoranda about demolition of old Chapel and laying of foundation stone, 1763, and about consecration, 1769.
Continues as ''Account of papers and documents belonging to the College and in the private paper office of the Master and in the College Treasury...'', with index, nd (c. 1800). The volume was numbered by folios 1-12 for the Chapel accounts and then new folio numbers were given for the index at the back. As this led to duplication of page numbers it was decided to number the pages following the chapel accounts, including those of the index with new numbers so no confusion could be made in the future as to which page was being referred to.
Specifies degrees and students' names
Examinations are specified from 1928
The building accounts were maintained at first by the Bursar, Barnabas Oley, and then by others including Samuel Blythe (Blithe) when Master. The volume begins with various quotations from the Old Testament including "Incipit hic liber cum Anno (et quod melius est cum Deo opt Max) Die Januarii primo. Anno Dni 1635" [1636]. The accounts are generally arranged under building material with headings of bricks, timber, stone etc and there are also pages devoted to specific parts of the building. So it is not a straightforward chronological record. There are regular entries for payments to the mason Thomas Grumbold and his son from folio 20 and a special payment of 3s to Grumbold for his "draught" (plan) of the bridge on 18 January 1638 [1639] is on folio 62. The volume includes a list of benefactions, 1636 - 1670 and accounts for rebuilding tenements in Shoemaker Row (now Market Street), Cambridge, 1715 - 1716.